Our brave boy harry!

Our brave boy harry!
Love you lots.

Friday, September 17, 2010

Day 7 after surgery and DIAMOND won the sports carnival




A week on and Harry has come so far. I spent last night at home as Darren did the night shift. Then got to see Ellie do her race and the tabloids this morning. Have to say that she was a bit teary but think that at this point in her life things are mixed up and she is entitled to be.
Kong Kong had sat with Harry this morning whilst Darren and I were at sports day. Professor Woods came in and has suggested they will change the cast on the leg to a walking one, so hopefully he will be able to use a crutch. They also took the drains out which hurt a bit but he didn't have any more pain medication. Professor Woods also suggested there is no reason he shouldn't be up and out of bed, so he has been sitting in the chair and has also been in the wheelchair. He is very careful which is good, so hopefully I won't find him doing wheelies around the place.
As I was at school, he rang me and sounded like he was crying. He asked when I would be back, as they had taken the drains out and he had lost some blood and needed a transfusion. My heart nearly stopped as you hate not being there when something happens, and then he says 'ha ha joking!' So at least we know that he still has a sick sense of humour!
We are still looking to be out next week, so fingers crossed. We are aiming for Wednesday as Ellie has her assembly on Thursday, and I think by then I will be well and truly done.
Have a good weekend and if anyone is passing PMH a mocha or a latte is always welcome. xx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Harry,

    Great to see you upright again. Bet it feels better to be sitting up, even if it is in a wheelchair.

    Can't wait to see you down the park again. Every time I walk Sam, people ask how you're going. After the trick you played on your Mum, I think I'll tell them that you're a cheeky monster!

    Love to you all

    Emma, Misty and Levi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Harry and Vic

    wish I could pop by with a mocha for you (and something lovely for Harry too) but you'll have to make do with the postcard that's winging its way from Mallorca.

    You're all doing brilliantly - especially you Harry. Make sure you keep that mum of yours on her toes!

    Give everyone a bug hug and kiss from Sofya, Jared and I.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a champion Harry!!! XXX The Harwoods

    ReplyDelete
  4. OUT OF BED NOW & ON WHEELS !! WELL DONE HARRY !
    THINK YOU,RE EVEN TALLER !!
    DON,T SCARE YOUR MUM,AT HER AGE CAN BE DANGEROUS !!
    LOVE TO ALL
    PATSY XX

    ReplyDelete