Our brave boy harry!

Our brave boy harry!
Love you lots.

Monday, September 13, 2010

According to plastics today is only day four!!




Sheryl we can see you eating the Sundae!!


I thought I would write an update whilst I am sitting here on my own and Harry is fast asleep. He had a reasonable night, apart from a lot of coughing and then he unhooked his drain, sat bolt up right in bed which he hasn't done for a while and shouted get the nurse!! Everything was fine as we just hooked it back up, but gave me a bit of a fright. His temperature stayed down but he woke this morning and was sick again.

The sickness is due to the pain relief he is getting but they stopped the anti sickness yesterday as he hadn't been sick for a few hours, but hopefully they will keep it up now till he is eating and drinking and not vomitting.

He is a bit grumpy today as sick of being in bed and people constantly coming in and saying 'can you wiggle your toes?' and 'can you make a fist?' Just hoping the fist is all he does for now!! They are meant to be taking down the dressing today so am sure this will be a bit painful, but he can self administer the drugs before hand to make the pain less.

I thought we were on day five but apparently as the operation ended on Friday morning technically today is day four after the operation. So seems I have been ahead of myself for 2 days!

I did have a laugh yesterday as I had lost a bed sheet for about the past 6 weeks and have been looking everywhere for it and kept saying 'where has it gone?' So Shirley rings me yesterday and says she found it behind the couch!! Well I wonder how much dust is behind there as hadn't even looked there for ages! One thing you can't acuse me of doing is wasting my life on housework.

Will go for now... and hopefully after my big boy wakes he will be happier.

Back again, well the afternoon was very busy. Plastics came in and took the bandage off the arm and we have seen Harrys scar. The drain in the leg might come out tomorrow but they are going to leave the one in the arm till Friday. Nicole and Maddy popped in on their way home from 3B. Darren and Nanny Shirley came in and then they had to go and pick Ellie up as she had been at dance and then Siennas house. Then Linda, Sam and Adam arrived with balloons which are just great. Harry was just having the dressing put back on when they arrived. Then Jodie, Sheryl and the boys all popped in. They ended up staying for dinner - well Jodie went and got Hungry Jacks for the boys and this is the first time harry has eaten since the operation which was fantastic.

Radio Lollipop came by and we all had a game of Uno. Although be warned never play next to Jye as he is pretty mean!!

Dad then came up and cooked some fish for our dinner which was lovely, whilst harry had a little sleep. We are now both awake and watching television but hopefully he will go back to sleep soon.

Thanks to Emma who has been walking Sam for me. At least that is one less thing to worry about.

Ciao for now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment