Our brave boy harry!

Our brave boy harry!
Love you lots.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Back at PMH



Well they finally kicked us out of ICU and we are back in PMH - ward 6A - and in a side room. I have to say a huge thank you to all at Charlies. The staff were fantastic and I am so glad that we were there after the operation, as Harry had his own nurse (Paul, Ben, Kelly and Sam - you were great). It also meant that I got to sleep last night as he also felt happy knowing someone was with him all the time. Everyone involved in the operation has been to check on him and more than once. So thanks very much.

We saw a few x-rays of the shoulder after the operation and it is incredible. Screws and pins everywhere. Harry asked if he could take some photos of the operation as he is doing a scrap book of his journey and apparently Irene took some which they are going to give us. So that should be pretty amazing to see. Although not sure I want to see what has come out, just lots of people busy working will be enough for me.

Harry finally had something to eat today but he has also been sick a few times. The room has been warmed up as apparently this is good for his circulation although it certainly wasn't like this in ICU. It is so warm that he feels sick and isn't helping his mood. I think by the morning he might be requesting the ambulance to come back and pick us up.

We were bought here from Charlies at 5.30 pm this evening and got a ride in the ambulance. Ellie and I also got to go in the ambulance which Ellie was really pleased about. On the way this P plate driver in a white ute, cut right in front of the ambulance and then decided to turn left. The ambulance man wasn't very happy as he had to swerve and gave him a huge beep. Apparently this hurt harrys leg, so if anyone saw this Ute then let us know as Harry wants to get him.

Ellie is at Aunty Sarahs and having a sleep over. Darren is staying tomorrow night and I will go home as we might be here for 2 weeks. I said to Ellie I would come home tomorrow and she said 'it is ok mummy if you have to be with harry I understand!' Bless her!

Going to go and get some sleep for now. Until the next time..................

2 comments:

  1. Ellie you are a very special sister. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have spent time in PMH, hope Harry is okay, my doctors werent very friendly, but it sounds like his were, bless the little boy xx (Im 14)

    ReplyDelete