Our brave boy harry!

Our brave boy harry!
Love you lots.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sunday 11th July




Yippee we have had 2 days and no sickness, and I don't mean because I have stopped drinking and being sick!! So a good weekend was had by all.

Saturday Ellie had Charlies party at Tropical Twist and it was nice to catch up with a few of the Mums from pre-primary. I also saw a friend who I hadn't seen for probably 3 years, who I knew from when Harry was at playgroup.

Lara came over and spent the day with Harry. They went on club penguin but unfortunately Harry got banned for throwing snowballs! Seriously only Harry could get banned for 24 hours for throwing snowballs on some interactive computer website. He wasn't very happy about it and asked me if I could change the clock on the computer as they might think it was the next day. Nice try harry but that ain't going to work.

Today we met another boy who is older than Harry but who went through this same chemo, and surgery a couple of years ago. The tumour was also in his left arm, and he had the bone removed through surgery. They live down South but were in Perth and as we had been put in touch through a mutual friend they came round to say 'hello'. It was lovely to meet them and his mum has been great at answering my questions over the 'e' mail and text, so I really would like to say 'thanks'.

The surgery will leave Harry with a 'frozen shoulder' and mean that he will lose some movement in the arm. He was concerned about water polo, but probably relieved that I won't be sending him off to squad swimming. I was sad for him as he loves the water, and playing water polo. When I put him to bed this evening, I said ' I am sorry about your arm' and was a bit weepy, and he replied 'it's ok Mum we will get through this!' I swear every day he amazes me a little bit more.

They say laughter is the best medicine, and in spite of all the crap that he is going through and the thought of what is still to come, I think we have laughed more in the last few weeks than we have done for months. When life throws you this massive curve ball, you have to stand back from everything you thought was important and realise that in reality none of it was really that important at all. So at the end of the day, there is no point in sweating the small stuff.
Thanks to all the friends who popped in today - you know who you are. Harry has coped so well so far and I think he is just getting bored, but he is loving the company of friends. If it wasn't school holidays I reckon he would have been at school this week, so let's hope it all continues this way.

Anyway one more sleep and Laura will be here.
Photos are of the kids wearing the wig that Nanny Pat sent over from when she had chemo.
Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. You guys are amazing my love......xxxx
    Giovanna

    ReplyDelete