Our brave boy harry!

Our brave boy harry!
Love you lots.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Second treatment is nearly over


Well it is now 12.30am on Thursday morning and we are hoping to be out today. Harry has drank and pee'd more than I ever thought possible and his levels are nearly under the level they should be, so fingers crossed all is good in the morning, and we will be out of here.
We have been in a shared ward for the past couple of days, but luckily I had a bed for 2 nights. This night thought it ain't looking so good. All 4 beds are full, so unless I can kick one of the kids out it looks like it could be a long night.
Harry has been very eager to find out who everyone is on the ward, and has been doing the rounds and chatting to everyone.
Saw Karen and Grace today, as Grace was here for an appointment. It is always good to see a friendly face, and Karen also introduced us to a friend of hers who is also here. So slowly but surely we are getting to meet the 3B locals. Mad Deb also came in, and for those of you from Attadale, if you don't know who I mean you really are missing out. Love that crazy pommy bird!!
The fundraising total continues to rise. I have said it before and I will say it again your generosity has overwhelmed me. Camp Quality I am sure will be very grateful, and I think all in all for something that was decided a week ago, it is just amazing. I am not going to mention what the total is at the moment, but watch this space..... the total keeps rising and I reckon we are not going to set another goal as we have smashed everyone so far and the result is going to be far higher than any of us would have expected!!
As you will all know I love a bit of fundraising but I think for now my focus has changed. So for all you kids who have read The Diary of A Wimpy Kid, the movie apparently comes out in September and this is going to be the next fundraising effort. Different charity this time - Red Kite. They are also very involved in supporting children with cancer and their families, and I think we should share the fundraising love around! Anyway watch this space and I will let you know the time and date, and hope to see some of you there!!
Anyway must go and try and get some sleep. Ciao for now.
PS This photo is a few years old, but have to say they are both too cute, so thought I would share it with you!! xx

3 comments:

  1. PS For those of you who are interested in what we have raised.... I will put it in terms all you Attadalians might understand. We have enough money to buy at least one electronic whiteboard and have it fitted and had spare change from it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Harry (and family)! What a week you have had! I am still getting caught up reading about your head shave....What a great idea to help raise funds for such a fantastic cause! I commend Harry for his courage and I also commend Shaye-what a great friend for offering his support to Harry in such a positive way! As I read this I couldn't help but think to myself that Harry seems to have inherited his mother's talent for fund raising! And your Mum is right, what a sweet picture of Harry and Ellie! Well done for getting through the second round...nice to see Harry's happy face at the pre-primary today...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to catch up with you all the other day. Harry your smiling face brightened up my day too. Thanks and well done on your amazing fundraising effort.

    ReplyDelete