Our brave boy harry!

Our brave boy harry!
Love you lots.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Should be our last night at PMH

Angela and Ellie


Harry, Bec, Ramina, Vicky



Harry and Sean


Harry and Eli



Harry, Maddie and Charlotte



Harry and Lochie



Well this should be our last night. Harry is our for the count and has been since about 8pm. He had a good day and Darren came in with Harrys friend from home Sean, which was nice for him. They went for a play in mega zone and we also bumped into Bianca, and Eli.

After this I took Sean home and then Ellie and I popped into the house and did a couple of jobs and then came back to hospital. Ellie isn't feeling too well at the moment. She is complaining of a sore throat which I think is what Harry had just over a week ago. Anyway will see how she goes tomorrow. We should be out in the morning but still don't even have the Methotrexate level back yet.

Darren did a really nice dinner of Spaghetti Marinara and then he took Ellie home. Nanny and Kong Kong didn't pop in today as they had a fundraiser on at the golf club for the Flood Appeal and raised $50k today, which is fantastic.

It is a weird feeling that this could be our last 'sleepover', and despite the fact that we never wanted to be here, we have made some good friends here that we have shared a lot with. Harry said yesterday that he will miss staying here with his friends. The nurses have been great and we will miss them as well, although not sure if they will miss the hourly wees!! There are too many to mention, and I will no doubt forget one if I try to.... but you have made our stay on PMH far more bearable. I look forward to a few of you joining the next sky dive when it is arranged!!

Talking of wees as some of you may know when the kids wee it all has to be weighed and tested. So every hour out comes the pee bottle. We then write the name, time and I also write the weight as then I know how often to wake him. Friday night was a nightmare with lots and lots of wees. The nurses were really busy and I set my alarm clock to wake at 1.30, but put PM instead of AM, so was late waking. Then the other boy in the room screamed out every time he needed to go which was every hour, so by 4am I felt like I hadn't slept. The nurse told me saturday night that I had put the wee bottle in the pan room and written 4.05 am, 247 mls, 'Vic!' Whoops must have been tired!!

We are home till March 3rd, and then we have various tests and the review. That will be the longest time we have spent at home since September. His port will also have to be removed but this is only day procedure.

I will keep you all updated as to how things are progressing, and hopefully we will be able to get back to normal - well as normal as it ever is for me - life soon. Harry has PEAC on Tuesday and hopefully he will enjoy going back to school and being with his year group.

Night for now, Vic

No comments:

Post a Comment