Our brave boy harry!

Our brave boy harry!
Love you lots.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Surgery 6

Well the surgery has been done. The ankle has been re-done and they have taken some bone from his pelvis. They also removed a screw that was showing under his skin in the shoulder. Unfortunately he is not allowed to weight bear for 6 weeks, and has his leg in a plaster. I think they will change the one he has on in 10 days and put a removable one on, but he is still not happy.
The operation lasted nearly 3 hours and not the hour they suggested. I went into recovery and he kept shouting that his leg hurt. He pressed the PCA every 5 minutes and then would nod off. When we got to the ward, we realised why the pain wasn't going - they hadn't connected the PCA, so the pain medicine was pouring out onto the floor!
he has been sick all day since the operation and even though I bought one change of underwear in the hope we would be home tomorrow, I don't think it will work.
Harry just woke up and asked me if the surgeon had been in, I said 'no, why!' to which he replied ' I think I need to talk to him!'
I am hoping this will be our last stay at PMH. Ward 6a makes you appreciate 3B. Even though you would rather be here for treatment than on ward 3B, if you see what I mean.
Thanks for all the texts, and well wishes. Have shown them to Harry so he knows he is loved.
Will update you again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Keep fighting mate!!! We're all behind you!!! Lots of love from Jess and all the Telethon Adventurers xx

    ReplyDelete