Our brave boy harry!

Our brave boy harry!
Love you lots.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Tough one!

I know there are people out there who are worse off than us, but this is still going to be a tough one for me. Ever since Harry was little he loved the water. Looking back through my pictures he was always in a bucket, bath, and I even have pictures of them in the wheelie bin! Swimming and playing water polo were what he loved.
I remember when the surgeon told us about the operation I said 'well that solves that argument!' To which he asked 'what argument?' and I said 'will he swim for England or Australia?'
The fact that he is going to swim even though he can only use one arm is pretty special, but just another reminder of the crap that cancer puts our children through.
I haven't been able to stop crying since I woke up, so I just hope by the time the swimming carnival is here I will have no more tears left.
OK, so I have done my boxing and hopefully now I am too knackered too cry! Must go and get ready as I am the place scribe!
To my darling Harry, your strength, and courage is outstanding. Your compassion for others after being through so much yourself is truly awe inspiring. I know I am biased because I am your mother, but I am so proud of you, as is everyone around you. To make us smile, and sometimes cry is what makes you you! As they said in assembly yesterday. Harry please don't change! xxxx
Go get 'em Diamond!

No comments:

Post a Comment